The only agency or people with blood on their hands at this point is the FBI, without a doubt. The reason why is because of the bombshell statement they just released, explaining a major failure regarding a tip from a hotline that if followed up with, would have undoubtedly prevented the deaths of 17 students and teachers.
Fox News reports:
The FBI revealed Friday that they received a tip last month that Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old accused of killing 17 people on Valentine’s Day, had a gun, wanted to “kill people” and there was the “potential of him conducting a school shooting.”
The agency admitted that received a call on Jan. 5, 2018, a person close to Cruz contacted the FBI through its Public Access Line (PAL) tipline to with concerns of his erratic behavior and disturbing social media posts.
“Under established protocols, the information provided by the caller should have been assesses as a potential threat to life,” the statement said. “We have determined that these protocols were not followed for the information received by the PAL on January 5.”
Did the FBI screw up THIS BAD? pic.twitter.com/fReXXTWF3r
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) February 16, 2018
In concluded that the caller’s information was not forwarded to the Miami FBI field office and “no further investigation was conducted at the time.”
“We are still investigating the facts. I am committed to getting to the bottom of what happened in this particular matter, as well as reviewing our processes for responding to information that we receive from the public,” said FBI Director Christopher Wray in the statement. “It’s up to all Americans to be vigilant, and when members of the public contact us with concerns, we must act properly and quickly.”
He continued: “We have spoken with victims and families, and deeply regret the additional pain this causes all those affected by this horrific tragedy. All of the men and women of the FBI are dedicated to keeping the American people safe, and are relentlessly committed to improving all that we do and how we do it.”
Cruz had scores of run-ins with law enforcement prior to Wednesday’s shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School dating back to 2010 — with one report saying sheriff’s deputies responded to his home more than 35 times in just six years.
Broward County Sheriff’s deputies received at least 36 emergency 911 calls from 80th Terrace St., in Parkland – the suburban address where the teenager lived with his younger brother, Zachary, and their adoptive mother, Lynda, BuzzFeed reported.
The calls – dating as far back as 2010 and continuing until November 2016 – shed a light on two erratic and violent boys who repeatedly “threw items,” were “out of control” and fought with their mother and each other on an apparently regular basis.
“He is a deeply troubled young man; a child that has endured significant loss,” Gordon Weekes, chief assistant for Broward County’s public defender’s office, told reporters Thursday. “He fell between the cracks and we have to try to save him now.”