Connect with us

News

JUST IN: McCain Betrays Veterans Everywhere With Shock Move After Cancer Diagnosis

Sen. John McCain, who certainly has a respectable service record as a Vietnam POW, has been the subject of critique from many conservatives for getting a little too comfortable enjoying the backdoor, shady deals made in the halls of Congress.

Now he’s taking fire after his brain cancer diagnosis for what he DIDN’T let the VA do — the same VA he allegedly tells veterans they’d be crazy not to use for all their medical needs.

Disabled Veterans reports:

One of the most infamous veterans, Senator John McCain (R-Az), rejected free VA surgical services when he instead received surgical treatment at Mayo for emergency brain tumor removal.

Over the past two months, Washington DC insiders have wondered why McCain has behaved so erratically, often tripping on his questioning during hearings. Last week, McCain supposedly needed non-emergent surgery on a blood clot in his cheek.

Yesterday, it was announced McCain received emergency surgery to remove a deadly brain tumor called a glioblastoma during a 3-hour procedure at Mayo Clinic in Arizona.

This kind of brain cancer is generally terminal with a short amount of time between diagnosis and death.

According to the American Brain Tumor Association, this condition is a particularly aggressive tumor. The median survival rate post-diagnosis is 14 months meaning McCain will likely step down from office immediately.

McCain is historically noted as telling veterans it is “foolish” for them to pursue non-VA care while he refuses to receive health care from Phoenix VA. It is important to note Mayo Clinic now refuses to accept Veterans Choice to treat veterans eligible for non-VA care.

SHARE this on Facebook and Twitter if you think it’s hypocritical that McCain chose an expensive private hospital over FREE VA care.

15 Comments

15 Comments

1. bruce

July 21, 2017 at 1:36 am

I don’t disagree with Sen.McCain. When you have a serious medical problem you go to the best doctors you can afford and the best hospitals for treatment. That is exactly what the senator has done. It’s not a slur against the V.A., it’s a matter of choice. On the back side, even with all the changes Pres. Trump is trying to get for veterans some V.A. hospitals the level of care doesn’t exisi.

• Catalacjack

July 22, 2017 at 10:23 pm

You are wrong, for this type of cancer he is a goner, he should have sucked it up and used the VA. At least he would have went out practicing what he preaches.

2. Shelley Dail

July 21, 2017 at 2:58 am

He is NOT a patriot! He is a traitor!

• SALLY Becker

July 22, 2017 at 12:55 am

His nickname after his Vietnam experience was SONGBIRD. He was #1 on the list of traitors until Nixon pardoned them all. Yes, he was a POW, yes he suffered some but don’t promote him ONLY as a POW – tell the whole truth.

3. Elveta Guinn

July 21, 2017 at 4:53 am

Have a heart folks. I can understand why he went to Mayo Clinic for emergency brain tumor removal. Tell me that if you could afford it , you would not do the same. Cancer is a scary, scary thing. In my family scene (including in-laws, I have had a 1 sister, 2 brother-in-laws, Mother-in law, die of cancer. The word puts me in panic mode. This also may account for his erratic behavior over the last year. So give the guy a break. Perhaps it wasn’t him but his wife and family that insisted he go to Mayo.

• Jean Vickery

July 21, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Sorry, I’m not buying that. The VA was just about destroyed by Obama. Years of waiting time for Vets to get medical care. Those Vets can’t afford to go to Mayo, and McCain could care less. He gets the best, our Vets get the crap.

• John

July 22, 2017 at 2:20 am

EXACTLY!
        McPAIN IS A POS CORRUPT LYING MURDERING CHEATING EVIL LIBERAL THUG THAT WILL CONTINUE TO DESTROY THIS COUNTRY AND HAS DONE NOTHING TO HELP THE VETERANS OR SECURE THE BORDER !!

4. Barbars

July 21, 2017 at 4:59 am

VA surgeons not good enough for him but good enough for all other veterans. He is such a jerk who has opposed our President because he was able to do what he could not do… win the presidency.

5. Bob

July 21, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Mayo diagnosed my CA in 2010 and treated me most of 2011.Without my ability to go there I wouldnt be alive today .Under the new policy under my Obamacare,I cannot return to Mayo as it wont pay for some of the testing.Wont pay for Private rooms,so if a family can afford good care,they should.Regarding the VA,they do a good job mostly and in my experience and that of my buddy who needed spinal surgery ,if they cannot perform the surgery they send you out which for him was to UCLA …..We all can complain about things but allow the McCain family to be allowed to grieve,be at his side without the hate …

• Donald Pearce

July 21, 2017 at 5:26 pm

I’m a veteran,I had Buddies die from agent Orange,waiting for VA to decide if they were liable,,,,,You can love him all you Want!!!!!

6. Lucy Dollar

July 21, 2017 at 3:55 pm

If he was such a hero, so respected. Why did President Nixon pardon him?

7. JRoush

July 21, 2017 at 10:51 pm

My husband was told that he didn’t qualify for VA benefits… he would have to pay just like going to our family doctor so he goes to our family doctor.

8. czman

July 22, 2017 at 2:07 am

He was convicted of treason and sentenced to death by firing squad and then pardoned by President Nixon. He “colluded” with the enemy…

9. judy walden

July 24, 2017 at 10:29 pm

He has Satan in him! He needs to repent of his sins and his evil ways! He may not last very long so needs to check in on his eternity and where he will end up!

He is filled with hate! He may not last too long so he needs to make peace with his maker!

10. 35cm birkin replica

September 9, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Temperament has to do with aggression…idiot. And how dare you call people who defend this breed uneducated. I am very educated and I WORK IN AN ANIMAL HOSPITAL WHERE I ACTUALLY HANDLE DOGS. You’re clearly the uneducated one going against the breed solely due to the media and haven’t experienced anything with this breed yourself. I have had more issues with smaller dog breeds than I have with large breeds. And honestly, the issues with large dogs….weren’t with pit bulls. You’re seriously pathetic