Connect with us

News

JUST IN: Lawmaker Puts Anthem-Kneelers In Their Place With Massive Statement… “U.S. Code 36”

Isn’t it about time that pro-America lawmakers step up to the plate and do whatever the Constitution allows them to do about these flag-disrespecting millionaire crybabies?

We couldn’t be more proud of Rep. Blackburn for taking measures to remind people that honoring the national anthem is a federal statute.

WKRN reports:

Tennessee Congressman Marsha Blackburn has filed a resolution about how people should behave during the playing of the national anthem.

“How you conduct yourself is actually in federal statute,” the Republican lawmaker said in a video posted to her Facebook page.

“Our flag is the ultimate symbol of unity – uniting all Americans under one banner as ‘Americans’ – and we should respect it and those who have and continue to defend it.”

The controversy about how one should conduct themselves during the Star-Spangled Banner was reignited over the weekend when dozens of NFL players chose to sit or kneel during pregame festivities.

The resolution states, “It is the sense of the House of Representatives that appropriate conduct during a rendition of the National Anthem is codified in section 301(b) of title 24, United States Code, which specifies that persons present who are not in uniform or are not members of the Armed Forces or veterans ‘Should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over their heart.’”

9 Comments

9 Comments

1. Tom

September 26, 2017 at 8:56 pm

That’s the problem: The protesters feel they don’t have to obey the law. They’re black and they want to act like THEY want to act. Law and order is not for them, never has been, never will be. It’s in their DNA, if it’s the white man’s wishes, they’re against it. Sometimes I think they wake up in the morning and say, “What can I do today to piss white people off?

2. Geraldine Kilgore

September 26, 2017 at 8:59 pm

Thank you Marsha Blackburn. As a child in the ’50s we were taught in school these values and were told it was the law, unless one was physically unable to stand, then just the right hand over your heart was acceptable.

3. Michael Hayes

September 26, 2017 at 9:15 pm

My God, there is someone in Washington that is really for the people of this great country. As a war Veteran, Lady I salute you.

4. G H

September 26, 2017 at 11:01 pm

THANK YOU I”M SO PLEASE WE HAVE YOU STANDING UP TO TELL THE WORLD, WHAT AMERICA IS ALL ABOUT ! IT BEGINS RIGHT HERE < RIGHT NOW ! GOD BLESS AMERICA AGAIN !

5. Sally Manson

September 27, 2017 at 1:01 am

Does this also apply to the United States President? Who twice did not have his right hand over his heart during the National Anthem!

6. Patrick

September 27, 2017 at 1:13 am

Liberty! I stand but I also stand to defend the right to protest, I stand girlie flag before I kneel to another. A country decided can not stand! Liberty! Liberty! A word to long ignored!

7. JoAn Fink

September 27, 2017 at 4:12 pm

I too was raised in the 50/60’s where every morning we pledged allegiance to the flag and listened to the anthem. It meant something to us and gave us a pride to be an American. Respect was instilled in us by our teachers and nurtured in our lessons and learning. Sorry to say the young today do not have this kind of influence in their lives and it has made a huge difference. I am a senior citizen and I remember my grannie and older family saying that the “old ways” were better. Yes and that is very true today. Kindness costs nothing, consideration and consequences came when we were disrespectful and naughty. Ms Blackburn thank you for taking the time and caring. God Bless

8. Bill Wilson

September 28, 2017 at 2:41 am

M. Blackburn, This should have happened when then president B. Obama failed to properly respect our nations flag during the National Anthem being played after he first took office. It would do you better to request that the NFL enforce their own rules and regulations which ALREADY deal with player stance during the playing of the Anthem.

9. Christine Scialfa

September 28, 2017 at 5:05 am

Yes, I was raised in the 50/60’s and taught to respect the flag and Anthem, Sound like we were raised in a respectful time.