Connect with us

News

BREAKING: Pittsburgh Steelers Make National Anthem Announcement…

The pressure is mounting and NFL teams with the most loyal fans seem to finally be learning that American is TICKED OFF that they’re not standing for the National Anthem.

Trust us, when the business offices of these teams run the numbers, things are gonna change QUICK. Fans are pulling their eyeballs and wallets away from the league at a dizzying rate. Look what the Steelers just announced. Should we forgive them?

Daily Wire reports:

On the same day the Denver Broncos players announced they would stand for the national anthem, Pittsburgh Steelers center Maurkice Pouncy announced that his team, too, would stand for the anthem. The Steelers were roundly excoriated last Sunday for failing to come on the field for the national anthem, and were even more roundly excoriated for extracting an apology from Army veteran Alejandro Villanueva, who came out to the field to stand for the anthem.

Pouncey explained, “I promise you one thing, this week we will all be standing out there for the national anthem. Trust me.” He added, “As far as I know it’s 100 percent participation. We love this country. It’s America. We know there are injustices in this world, but to me, personally, football is football and that’s what we need to approach it as.”

With the decisions from the Broncos and Steelers, President Trump will likely declare political victory: he’ll state that his push for a boycott of the NFL on the grounds of the anthem boycott pushed players into backing down. In reality, those players wouldn’t have been boycotting the anthem in the first place if Trump hadn’t called for the firing of players who do so. But Trump certainly picked the right issue, and made a politically smart play — and his opponents overreacted and handed him a massive victory. In any case, the Steelers’ backdown just shows how foolish the players were to kneel or skip the anthem entirely as some show of solidarity against Trump — it was widely interpreted as a slap at the flag and the anthem itself.

Pouncey concluded, “We respect our flag and we respect our military and everything that is a part of it. I think this week we are going to show that. We are sorry for all of our fans who are upset about the things that went down, and I think we’ll come together and all of this will be out the window.”

SHARE this on Facebook and Twitter and let us know what you think!

Also, here’s the official “I Proudly Stand For The Anthem” t-shirt (we have hoodie and v-neck options, too!) that has part of the proceeds going to the National Coalition of Homeless Veterans!

37 Comments

37 Comments

1. Tina

September 29, 2017 at 2:35 am

Too little too late you knew what reaction you would get after dumb add did it last year….and didn’t care

• Sandee Swazuk

September 29, 2017 at 11:01 pm

I think an apology from Coach Tomlin is in order. Big time??????????

• Mike

September 30, 2017 at 4:43 pm

As I clicked on comments, your 1st 4 words were exactly what I was going to say as well! Screw’m. They’re starting to feel the pinch – and once they hear that their paychecks are going to be rapidly shrinking – Funny to think these boys may have to get a REAL job someday soon, LOL!

• Kenneth R Calfo Sr

I DON’T CARE!
      IN GOD [I] WE TRUST!
      AMERICAN BY BIRTH!
      REBEL BY CHOICE!

2. Wh Dowdy

September 29, 2017 at 2:35 am

f–um i stil not be watching even the provide me with free season tickets i had it with fucking free loading proteste where in the NFL or some other stupid bastard who thinks live should be provided on a silver platter

3. FAS

September 29, 2017 at 2:38 am

They made their disdain known for those who understand the facts and support the police. Too bad. Done watching and I will be an activist against any more stadiums being built with taxpayer money. The crony capitalism of the nfl will end.

4. Bernie Tracy

September 29, 2017 at 3:17 am

I have been a STEELERS die hard fan for almost 50 years. I WILL NOT be watching the game this Sunday. I have made other plans. I will not watch our flag and military families, past and present disrespected by any sports team. Art Roone Sr. must be rolling over in his grave at the actions that were presented to the fans last Sunday. I for one wish he would haunt you all.

5. Denise

September 29, 2017 at 3:27 am

This is the beginning of the demise of the NFL! Boycott the games, the sponsors and the advertisers! Money talks! Let these babies get real jobs!
    So now they’re feeling the pinch on their wallets. Goodell is probably threatening them to stand to make nice to the fans because he knows his job is coming to a quick end!
    ** Things will never change as long as Goodell is commissioner!

6. Marcia

September 29, 2017 at 3:33 am

Still blaming the President for your bad decision! Too little too late!

7. bridget

September 29, 2017 at 4:02 am

to little to late we know a lot more about the structure supported by our tax dollars now with billions going to NFL from our taxes. Time to cut the dead expense. I certainly have no intention of paying for a football stadium ever. But our tax dollars have been doing it. This goes way beyond your political foolishness the can has been opened.

8. C

September 29, 2017 at 4:02 am

They are not sorry. I sense absolutely no remorse. This response is because these self entitled, unaffected multimillionaires have suddenly realized their pocketbooks were at risk. Well too late. These miscreants playing for the NFL are traitors to a great nation. I will never forgive the great dishonor and disrespect they have shown to our country.

• Deb Kroeger

October 1, 2017 at 2:00 pm

I agree, too little too late !! They
      should have had more sense to begin with.

9. Christie

September 29, 2017 at 4:04 am

Trump only said what the majority of Americans feel and wanted to say too. So please quit blaming Pres. Trump.

10. Bob

September 29, 2017 at 4:42 am

You made your bed now lie in it. You made your statent and now we are making ours. Your effort is not sincere. You are running in fear of the power of the fans who are true Americans.

11. Jim Harter

September 29, 2017 at 5:16 am

That Tshirt and ad disrespects the flag as bad as the football players. Any clothing with a flag printed on it is considered wearing the flag which is against flag etiquette.

12. Mary Shepard

September 29, 2017 at 5:17 am

This is such a bunch of bulls..t!!!
    They should have been fired and the owners should have to pay fines for allowing this crap to go on! I think ALL that has happened is that the NFL Players and owners got the shock of their lives when the American People protested and they began to tealize how it was going to impact them! I hope we continue to boycott these people who didn’t have any respect for our COUNTRY, FLAG, and NATIONAL ANTHEM! NOW THEY want to blame THE PRESIDENT????? Go be me a BREAK! They were all taking a knee or hiding in locker room, before he ever said ANYTHING! Thank God he stood up for what is RIGHT!

13. Sally Kitchen

September 29, 2017 at 5:42 am

Soooo all the flack is adding up in dollars…so “Let’s sell a t-shirt to make up the lost revenue” That stands right along side the horrible apology you made The Ranger recite….so totally phony. He is the only “Man” on your team.

14. JOHN BAKER\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

September 29, 2017 at 6:09 am

THESE BASTARDS THINK THEY ARE CHAMELEONS THAT THEY CAN CHANGE THEIR COLORS ANYTIME THEY WANT BUT YOU IDIOTS ARE WRONG BEFORE I SAY ANYTHING IN YOUR FAVOR YOU BETTER FIRE YOUR BLACK COACH I DIDN’T LIKE WHAT HE DID TO ALEJANDRO BECAUSE HE WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT WENT OUT WITH HIS RIGHT HAND OVER HIS HEART AND THE COACH RIDICULED HIM SO BADLY THAT HE DESERVES TO BE FIRED I WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY ANY JERSEYS WITH THE NAME PITTSBURG STEELERS ON IT NEVER

15. Gregory Elvick

September 29, 2017 at 7:43 am

Remove the tax subsidies for these stadiums and pull all the funds away and fire Goodell. Anyone that is paid 30mil is going to do whatever his boss wants. The NFL,MLB,NBA they all need to be busted up cause they have ruined all these sports by paying everyone too much.

16. Brenda Cota

September 29, 2017 at 9:18 am

Why blame the President for your foolishness? He is so American he hated to see what the NFL was doing. And being President Trump he was very upset. The paragraph below shows how you disrespect President Trump.You should be proud that America has a president who cares about it’s flag, it’s anthem, it’s people, it’s military, and it’s well being in this troubled world.

“With the decisions from the Broncos and Steelers, President Trump will likely declare political victory: he’ll state that his push for a boycott of the NFL on the grounds of the anthem boycott pushed players into backing down. In reality, those players wouldn’t have been boycotting the anthem in the first place if Trump hadn’t called for the firing of players who do so. But Trump certainly picked the right issue, and made a politically smart play — and his opponents overreacted and handed him a massive victory. “

17. Blanca Nelson

September 29, 2017 at 10:18 am

Steeler, ha more like COWARDS!! They thought they could play this insult and that the fans would follow like sheep! Well the fans will show the Steelers a thing or two about RESPECT, LOYALTY and COURAGE! And they won’t stand for anything less EVER AGAIN!!

18. rebecca l sellers

September 29, 2017 at 11:36 am

Tellme how to buy the T=Shirt! Way to go Steelers and Broncos! To He-with the cowgirls and the other FB teams.

19. Carol

September 29, 2017 at 1:12 pm

This is just what a rapist would say after he just raped you he’d say let me prove my date all over again I won’t rape you I’ll do the right thing….next time.
    FUCK YOU NFL

20. Oscar Pearson

September 29, 2017 at 2:20 pm

We are not done with the NFL, no more public money, no more tax exemption and no more support.

21. Thomas Brechlin

September 29, 2017 at 2:29 pm

They’ll stand BUT will they pull the stunt that the Packers did and do the locking arms thing? Anything less then standing, helmet off and holding their right hand over their heart is no more then a “compromise.”

• CB

September 29, 2017 at 3:57 pm

I have thought that since the first team had “solidarity” — but failed to be one with this country!

22. Joel Kruskie

September 29, 2017 at 2:30 pm

So how many will stand with locking arms, so what is the difference? Just stay in the locker room, nobody cares about the NFL any more. Big mistake……..BIG

23. CB

September 29, 2017 at 3:56 pm

The change of stance towards the National Anthem by these zealots is sadly laughable? Some people might be ok with it, but they too are ignorant morons…the rest of us are “too late dumbasses”….Trump called a spade a spade, opened a small can of whoop ass – and freaked out these overpaid gorillas….
    Too little too late….figure out the next move sheep!

24. Darla

September 29, 2017 at 3:57 pm

There is not one thing the players can say to make me forget their ignorance. Are they so out of touch with their fan base. The fans at every stadium that Castronick kneeled out booed him. So they come out and kneel or don’t come out at all. And the biggest crappy move was by the Steelers coach who commented on the only player in the NFL to do the right thing and think with his own mind. Your reason for doing this protest was because you were mad at POTUS and that is the saddest excuse to use to not stand for the National Anthem. Next time you decide to make such a stupid move check how your fan base feels about it. Cause obviously you are way out of touch. And this time when you stand try standing without locking arms. We don’t care about your claims of loyalty and solidarity. The ultimate loyalty and solidarity is to YOUR COUNTRY. THE USA. If you don’t like it get out. Go to Cuba with Castronick.

25. American

September 29, 2017 at 6:28 pm

You know I am a diehard football fan and I have never been ashamed of the NFL as I am today, it’s sad to think that the POTUS SAYS WHAT HE THINKS REMEMBER IT’S FREE SPEECH!!! AND THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON WAY BEFORE HE WAS ELECTED TO OFFICE BUT I KNOW(everything is his fault) such bull shit…I live in Jaguar nation and I will never go to another home game I hope they all rot.. how disrespectful to go to London and disrespect our country in the manner in which you did. And then stand for theirs.OMG I’m Ashamed of all of you .I know you all think that your cause is for Police brutality and every white privilige owes you something but I don’t owe you shit I’m just as poor as the next person. It’s not about whites and black if it was it wouldn’t be blacks on blacks. MORE WHITES are killed by police than blacks but do you hear about that no fake news doesn’t get rating for that kind of news.People need ambition and make a life for themselves and quit blaming others.

26. Jimjenky

September 29, 2017 at 8:48 pm

Does anyone believe this change of heart only occurred because someone says the point of the players taking a knee has been made, and time to go back to respecting the flag? If so, you are truly gullible. This is only being done now because the owners and the players are scared for their income, and they could care less about respect for the flag, the anthem, the nation, or you the fan. Go on, swallow a crap pie as served to you by this bunch of morons that think they are smarter than the fans. Watch the games, buy their merchandise, get those tickets. You are no better than they are and disrespect the nation by your support of them

27. Mark Evans

September 29, 2017 at 11:19 pm

They are still not doing it right. Helmet in left hand, hand over their heart. Crossing arms is still shooting us the finger. They can still go to hell for being sons of bitches.

28. jason

September 30, 2017 at 12:55 pm

“but to me, personally, football is football and that’s what we need to approach it as.”
    Should have thought about that when you didn’t come out and support, but choose to bring politics into it. Monday through Saturday you have all the time to protest and we don’t hear a peep. What have you done other then disgrace yourself and country to fix any of these so called injustices? If a person goes out and acts a fool, gets arrested and screams rasism, maybe they should protest themselves and live by the laws of the land. Nobody is above the law.

29. Carol Joy

September 30, 2017 at 2:12 pm

All of this B.S. from these teams is way too late. Us fans are disappointed and pissed off that they would do this. Especially the Baltimore ravens and the jaguars doing this crap on a foreign soil. To show that disrespect they shouldn’t have been allowed to land their planes in our country that night or the next day. How must the rest of the country look at us? Probably thinking our country is no good because the people came there to disrespect OUR COUNTRY. SHAME ON THE WHOLE LOT OF YOU NFL PEOPLE. AND THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE, PEOPLE YOU ARE NO ONE SPECIAL JUST BEING PAID ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF MONEY TO PLAY A KIDS GAME. I am so done with the NFL.

30. lJoe

September 30, 2017 at 2:56 pm

How does disrespect for the flag and the national anthem differ from the disrespect this article shows for the President of the United States of America. When will we unite and stop the media from badmouthing our president rather than helping him make this country all it can be and was.

31. sandy osback

October 2, 2017 at 4:38 pm

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE ANY OF U. AND U DID MAKE UR DECISION BASED ON OUR POTUS COMMENTS AND WHAT HAPPENED AFTER HIS VERY TRUE WORDS. THE PUBLICS REACTION BLEW U AWAY. AS IF U OR FOOTBALL WILL EVER OVER POWER OUR POTUS. U THINK WAY TO HIGHLY OF URSELVES U JUST DON’T WANT TO LOOSE MONEY. U WHITE PLAYERS R COWARDS

32. Charles Spaulding

October 4, 2017 at 12:28 am

I’m done with all these fools. Apology or not, we know what the majority of the black guys think and a lot of the whites too. They have become a group of ignorant, racist crybabies. No respect for you ever again. You have disrespected better people than most of yourselves: people of all races and creeds who put their lives on the line everyday.