Connect with us

Breaking

BREAKING: Fox News Analyst Abruptly Quits… Says He’s “Ashamed” Of Network

It’s not often we see Fox News contributors quit their gigs, as most of them are being paid handsomely. But tonight, one of their regular contributors attacked the network after suddenly quitting.

Marketwatch reports:

A longtime Fox News contributor said Tuesday he’s leaving the network, and blasted it for becoming a “propaganda machine.”

Ralph Peters, a strategic analyst for Fox News and a retired lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army, issued a scathing email to colleagues that was sharply critical of the network’s rhetoric and support for President Donald Trump.

“Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers,“ he said in the email, which was obtained by Buzzfeed. “Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.”

“When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community . . . all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of “deep-state” machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization. . . . To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”

Peters specializes in Russia analysis, and was harshly critical of former President Barack Obama’s foreign policy. But he said Fox News hosts “now advance Putin’s agenda” and that “we have an American president who is terrified of his counterpart in Moscow.”

Peters made a special effort to single out Fox Business, to which he said the criticisms do not apply, and to the hard-news reporters at Fox, “who continue to do their best as talented professionals in a poisoned environment.”

In a statement Tuesday, Fox News said: “Ralph Peters is entitled to his opinion despite the fact that he’s choosing to use it as a weapon in order to gain attention.”

Fox News falls under the umbrella of 21st Century Fox FOX, -0.19% , which shares common ownership with MarketWatch parent News Corp. NWS, +0.00%

Twitter ripped him up as well:

9 Comments

9 Comments

1. FAS

March 21, 2018 at 3:34 am

I don’t trust any of these “analysts” who exploit their rather limited expertise in one particular field to become experts in all things military. They’re just profiting off their military background and sell out just like everybody else who seeks money and celebrity.

• DJYahtzee

March 21, 2018 at 9:43 am

Kudos, my friend. You nailed it.

2. Shirley

March 21, 2018 at 2:24 pm

Truly I never liked Ralph Peters’s whining! I am not sorry he will not be on Fox News anymore. Thanks for saying goodbye!

3. Upchuck

March 21, 2018 at 2:38 pm

I always thought of him to be a fool

4. Jane Betts

March 21, 2018 at 3:19 pm

A few days ago I watched a news story on Fox news and since I knew all the news channels would be reporting on the topic, on a whim I switched to CNN. I was totally amazed at the different “spins” taken with reporting the facts to the general public. It didn’t even seem they were reporting on the same story. It was an amazing difference!

5. Mary

March 21, 2018 at 3:47 pm

Ha. I don’t trust any of them as well. What a turncoat. Its all about the money. CNN will scoop him up along with his propaganda BS!

6. Rick Hundley

March 21, 2018 at 8:22 pm

Now the only question remaining is how much is George Soros paying Peters? All the the propoganda he supposes is backed by millions and millions page of documented facts…and millions more are being hid by the left. So this moron has to be getting paid big time. Sad if it wasnt for Trump winning we would have never knew how crooked and crorupt the Democrats and Progressives of both parties are.

7. Carol Peters Himmer

March 22, 2018 at 12:48 pm

Darn…was hoping it was Juan Williams……used to love COL. PETERS and respected his opinion, but he has been “off the rails” since the election. What a shame!

8. Ann Lee

March 24, 2018 at 2:00 am

I have never liked that man. He is far to smug for me. Glad he is gone.